The history of the Swiss watch manufacturer Omega goes back to 1848. This year, 23-year-old Louis Brandt (1825-1879) opened a factory for the production of watch parts in La Chaux-de-Fonds (canton of Neuchâtel). Watches produced there initially bore the brand "Louis Brandt". After the arrival of the sons, Louis and César Brandt called Louis Brandt & Fils. Here they began the industrial production of watches from individual parts. Already in 1889, Louis Brandt & Frères employed over 500 people who produced 100,000 watches. A new concept design for the Speedmaster watch poster in a limited version.